Have you ever gone to net a fish only to realize that you don’t have a net? So have we! Below is a list of the top 5 items you should have on your boat so you don’t end up with another swing and a miss.
- Landing Net – Many brands such as Promar and Lee Fisher make retractable nets to make storage on your boat or kayak a breeze. You never know when you’re going to catch a fish worthy of the net.
- Chum Bag – When fishing for snapper or trying to catch bait, having a good chum bag on board can make life much easier. Even when frozen chum isn’t on board, a chum slick can be created after a few throws of a cast net.
- Cast Net – It’s not uncommon to have bait fish such as ballyhoo swim up on a chum slick. When that happens, be prepared and have a cast net on board.
- Filet Knife – Even if you don’t catch dinner, having a knife on board for cutting bait can come in handy.
- Pliers – These can be used for more than just dehooking fish!
For more tips and recommendations email Shelby.Gulfstream@gmail.com