Many new anglers have a hard time deciding which knife is best for them. So here at Gulfstream we’ve made it easy. Check out our short and to the point guide for picking the right knife.
- Flex Knife: These knives are designed to flex over bones making them ideal for general filet needs including separating meat from skin. Most commonly found in sizes between 6” and 10” the size depends on the size of the fish you most commonly catch.
- Stout knife: Bigger fish need bigger knives and these are most commonly used on larger and tougher fish.
- Boning knife: Most commonly used to separate bones from meat.
- Bait knife: Typically smaller in sizes 4-6” and used for cutting chunk bait, rigging, and general needs. These are typically too small to filet with but are a great tool to keep handy on the boat or in your tackle bag.
- Serrated Knife: Most commonly used on tough to filet fish, and when cutting large chunks, frozen chunks, or anything that requires a saw like motion to penetrate.